cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy
feel better for a change
turn your life around
“Everything human beings do is habit.
All habits can change.
Hypnosis is a fast track to changing habits.”
(Christopher Green, Overpowered)
The more you relax, the better you can deal with anxiety, pain, panic and negative beliefs.
What is less well known is that hypnotherapy also works well to motivate and inspire you when you have lost your mojo.
“The sea is the favourite symbol for the unconscious, the mother of all that lives” (C G Jung). The sea covers almost three quarters of our earth, a rich world full of possibilities that we have hardly begun to explore: like the mind itself. So the sea pictures are just a reminder of how much more there is to you than you have discovered yet.
Make the changes that make a difference
I help people with a wide range of difficulties to deal with them and move on.
These are just some of the different kinds of problem that my clients have been able to overcome:
- A young woman kept failing her driving test until one session relaxed her enough to pass the next one.
- A client who avoided going to the dentist for years now thinks nothing of booking a regular checkup.
- An elderly lady suffering from a broken hip was surprised to find that deep relaxation helped to ease the pain.
- A lonely middle-aged lady had anxiety attacks in crowded places and a phobia for heights. Now she gleefully takes the lift to the top of a department store.
- A client with a fear of flying had time for only one session before a work trip abroad, but had a comfortable journey.
- A nine-year-old with problems at school chose to change her outlook fast and creatively.
- A man seeking help for insomnia and how to cope with redundancy soon found he was sleeping better and feeling new hope and energy.
- A bereaved client was able to recover peace of mind and a new sense of purpose.
- A young father was overwhelmed with anxieties, but a practical action plan and calm state of mind restored his self esteem and hope for the future.
- A musician who was too nervous to perform in public discovered the confidence to play on stage.
- A bowling champion who had lost his knack, a golfer who had lost his swing and a showjumper who had lost her nerve are some of the sportspeople who have improved their skills and success.
“Every suggestion was rooted in her deep understanding of the mind and her keenness to understand me as an individual… I started to notice my sleep improving and long-established stress symptoms lessening…” (DG)
do something different
frequently asked questions
What is the cost?
£70 per session
How long is a session?
One hour. Allow an hour and a half for the first session.
How many sessions will I need?
Usually between one and six sessions, or might be weekly or fortnightly for up to four months - every client is different. The process is tailored to suit each individual's aims and situation.
Will I be hypnotised?
Hypnosis is only one of many approaches I may suggest. However, it is simple and effective, and fascinating for the client, so it is one of the main techniques I offer, and one that I am fully qualified to use for therapeutic purposes.
will i be unconscious?
No. On the contrary, you will be perfectly conscious and free to co-operate or not. Hypnosis cannot make anyone do or believe anything they do not want to. On the other hand, you may be surprised to find that you can do or believe more than you thought possible.
BA (Hons), MA,
DABCH, Dip CBH
I have over forty years’ experience working with individuals and groups in the field of self awareness and personal development, and am still amazed by the endless variation and resourcefulness of the human mind.
I was born in Cyprus, moved to Africa and came to the UK when I was ten. I have a BA Hons degree in Modern Languages and a Masters degree in Writing for Children, but also have always been fascinated by psychology, and the power of the mind to shape and reshape our lives.
what is cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy?
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a modern, evidence-based form of therapy that is helpful for a wide range of problems and for all kinds of people.
Unlike counselling, cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy specifically encourages positive change rather than just talking about a problem. Unlike psychodynamic therapies, this approach focuses on what is happening now instead of in the past. It explores practical solutions rather than speculating about possible causes.
Clinical studies have shown that CBT is even more lasting and effective when reinforced with hypnotherapy. Clients gain helpful techniques and new coping skills, so that they also gain in independence and resilience going forward.
…PS have been doing very well this week. Had a few situations that would have terrified me before and came out smiling (DD)
I’m located in the market town of Andover, Hampshire, SP10 3RQ. It is easy to get to and just an hour outside London by car or train.